- BRO built the first road connectivity to Lipulekh Pass at the Indo-Tibet Border.
- Cutting the 90 Km arduous trek of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Under this route the elevation varies from :- 1829 m – 5200 m
- The construction of this road faced several roadblocks, including constant snowfall and steep rise in altitude. Extremely low temperatures restricted the working season to five months for BRO.
- It is the shortest and cheapest route to Kailash-Mansarovar yatra as 84 % route lies in India and only 16 % remains in China as compared to other expensive and longer routes through Sikkim and Nepal in which 80% route lies in China .
- This was first approved in 2005 by the Govt. at a cost of Rs 80.76 crores. In 2018, the Govt. approved a revised cost of Rs 439.4 crores, with December 2022 set as the deadline.
- However, in the last two years, work had gathered pace and even IAF choppers were pressed into service to lift heavy construction equipment.
- So far Nepal raises a objection to this shorter route which India has rejected.
- With the completion of this road link, the yatra could be completed in one week compared to two to three weeks it took earlier from Uttarakhand.
- So far Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is organised under MEA annually and for further FAQ you can also visit – MEA Site Link
For all the updates follow us along….THB Travel
Thank You !!