Skip to content
- It is the longest highway tunnel of 9.02 Km at the altitude of 3000 m in the world.
- The Atal Tunnel is said to reduce the travel time by 4 to 5 hours between Manali and Lahaul-Spiti Valley or Leh of distance nearly 46 Kms with all weather connectivity.
- The historic decision to construct the tunnel was taken on June 3, 2000 under Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government.
- It is built at a cost of about Rs 3,300 crore by the BRO with the capacity of 3000 cars per day & 1500 trucks per day with max. Speed 80 km/h.
- Before the Atal Rohtang tunnel this region becomes cut off for 6 months in winters due to excessive snowfall at Rohtang Pass.
- Please like or comment what you think about this post.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel & hit the bell Icon to stay notified
- Please share the post and let others get informed too.
- For any other query regarding our trips you can ask us in the comment or on our social media handles.
- Follow this blog for all the awesome adventures into the Uncommon Himalayas & their details, with regular facts & updates from Himalayas.
THB STORE Dismiss